Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm thankful.... (meme)

So, there are days when I get really upset about money, and get myself all worked up about what we're going without in order to pay bills. We aren't rich, let me put it that way, and sometimes it all builds up and I get so mad. Like last week, my radiator went out on my van, and that cost like four hundred bucks, and then the next day the heater core burst and started ejaculating antifreeze onto the driver's side floor. I say ejaculating, which is kind of funny, because antifreeze smells like a dirty cooter. I'm sorry, but it's true. I told The Hub we should bring it to the OB/GYN, with that smell and all.

And did you know it costs $500 to fix a heater core? Yeah, I didn't know that either. But I can't just drive around with green stinky cooter-y stuff spurting onto the floor of my van, can I? No.

So during times like that, it's easy to get caught up in what we don't have, instead of focusing on what we do have. And to that end, I am going to now list for you the things I am thankful for, because I know you are dying to read it.

I am thankful for....

1. My amazing husband, who puts up with my oddballness.

2. My four beautiful children, and my nine little angel babies waiting in heaven.

3. My morbidly obese chihuahua, Petey. (I put him on a diet though, he only ate one grilled cheese today, and part of a smoothie, and some dog food.)

4. My cross-eyed cat, who purred in my face during labor.

5. My house, because even though it is small and drafty, the roof doesn't leak and I can afford the payment.

6. My van, even though it smells like a really dirty vulva.

7. Water. Cause I like drinking water.

8. Living in the country, so I can walk around naked.

9. Skin, because it would be really gross if everyone walked around without skin on.

10. Having enough food to eat, even if I have to cook it myself.

Yep, it looks like I have a lot to be thankful for. I was going to list things like toilet paper (for obvious reasons) and elmer's glue, and coupons, but I thought that might be stupid. So there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining our meme at Mommy Community - I really enjoyed reading your post and thanks for making me chuckle! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!