Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, June 15, 2009

Things I think about.

If I ever went on a cruise - which I wouldn't, because cruises are dangerous, what with the norovirus and all, but if I did - I would only bring parachute pants. Nothing else. Because I figure, if the ship sinks, I can tie the legs of the pants and blow them up to make a flotation device. Also they might be shiny enough to confuse the sharks.


Sometimes I wonder if there is another person in the world who looks exactly like me, and talks like me and acts like me, and does everything I'm doing at exactly the same time I'm doing it.

What if everything I perceive as red is actually green? What if everything I see as blue is actually yellow? What if the entire world is just some kind of mirage, and the things I see aren't there at all? And what if everyone knows it but me? [This type of thought makes me consider anti-psychotic medications.]

One time I bought a shower curtain at the dollar store, and it was so thin that when you took a shower, it would get all suctioned onto you and try to kill you. Now when I need a new shower curtain, I spring for the three dollar walmart version.

I was frugal way before it was cool to be frugal. My goal is to find a way to do everything cheaper, even if it means ten times more work for me. (It's not like I have anything better to do.) I find it absolutely thrilling to use my own homemade laundry soap, cloth diapers, canned goods, soap, shampoo... if it can be homemade, I either use it or I don't yet know about it. In which case I will use it.

Ever since I gave up my religion, I feel like I'm part of something bigger. I can feel the earth's energy and vibrations, and for the first time ever, I feel like I belong to the world instead of just being some mistake.

I have a pathological suspicion of doctors and the medical field in general. I don't think they know anything at all, and the fact that they act like they do just makes me more suspicious of them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just went on a cruise and didn't catch anything and didn't sink -- although I did gain a few pounds...

Cara said...

I would probably pass on the cruise for the simple fact that I can't swim. And you know...if the ship crashed, that would probably be a vital skill.

Homemade shampoo? This one I have not seen.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I was frugal before it was cool too.

Unknown said...

I used to think about how there was another me all the time when I was a kid. Wonder what that means?

Lisa said...

Cruises are fun. I totally prefer to shop rather than make stuff. I did make jam for the first time ever last week though. Very tasty.
:D

Anonymous said...

Would you purchase these parachute pants or do you just have some lying around? I hope they are neon pink. I had a windsuit like that when I was in 4th grade - stylin'.

How do you make your shampoo? I've been using baking soda with an apple cider vinegar rinse (excluding pregnancy when my scalp dried out inexplicably) for about 3 years.