Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, September 21, 2009

A Crummy Day. (aka, Whine, whine, bitch, complain)


It's been one of those days.

It started around 3am. I woke up with a stuffy nose, and the back of my throat hurt really bad, and I just couldn't get back to sleep. Finally I took some tylenol and was able to fall asleep around 6am, but then I had to get right back up again to get the kids ready for school and on the bus. Thank God for The Hub - he fed them breakfast, made sure everyone was wearing underwear, and got both girls on the bus. He even filled out their lunch tickets, all while I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable in bed.

I felt a little better when I finally got out of bed, around 7:30. I thought I must be having an allergy flare up, because yesterday the kids and I were out playing in the tall grass and dead leaves and stuff.

I went to the midwife, still feeling okay. Then we came home, and I made The Hub stop at the store to buy some bird seed for my new birdfeeder that a friend gave us. And then it was all downhill from there.

I started feeling sick while he was in the store. We got home at 11am and I quick got in a warm bathtub, because I was just freezing. My face started to hurt, and my nose was all stuffy, and then a headache started. I lounged in the tub for half an hour or so, but then I got bored and decided to go to bed.

I tried to sleep but my body ached so bad all I could do was just lay there and rub my feet together. Finally I fell asleep around 12:45, but then I had to wake up 15 minutes later because The Hub was leaving for work.

So basically, I have a cold, and it sucks, and I can't stop whining about it.

But it gets better. I put up the baby gate and laid down on the couch, hoping to get some rest. The babies played happily on the floor, and I was so glad because I feel like I desperately need rest.

And then, the phone rang.

It was the school. Five had had an accident, and I needed to go bring her some clean clothes. It's not a big deal, except there was no gas in the van and The Hub had all our money with him at work. So I drove to school, hoping I wouldn't run out of gas, and picked up Five, who dawdled for - I am not exaggerating - ten minutes putting her clean clothes on.

Then she decided she was just far too embarrassed to stay at school, so I loaded up all her stuff in the car. I rummaged through all the crap in my van and came up with five dollars in change, and put a tiny bit of gas in the van so we could make it home.

And now, of course, the babies are no longer playing happily, and The Babe keeps trying to climb the baby gate, and if I thought I could get away with it, I would just lie down right here and go to sleep.


Witchy Mom's Homeschool said...

Phew, what a day! I hope you're able to feel better soon! I think we don't always appreciate just how much we are responsible for in a day until we're somehow unable to fully perform it. A mom's job is never done :)

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I hate being sick with one baby and one kid. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. Hate it life interferes with being sick...