Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Friday, March 20, 2009

Ah. Sss. Hole.

Four is a great age. Four year olds are totally hilarious (well, mine is at least. If yours isn't, you'll just have to live vicariously through the blog.)

Here is an example of why I love my Four.

EJ and Four are playing on the floor. They have a baby doll with ink all over her face, two plastic toy plates, a little china teapot, and a ragged stuffed frog. "Looks like you're having a tea party," I remark.

"No," Four says, disdainfully. "We're playing school."

Oh. Okay.

So I walk away, and a few minutes later I overhear Four say "Ah. Sss. Hole."

I go back in the room. "What did you say?"

She looks at me. "Ah. Sss. Hole.'"

Now I'm trying to suppress my laughter. "Asshole isn't a nice word to say."

"I didn't say asshole. I spelled it. Ah. Sss. Hole."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh! rotfl!

Cara said...

Nice to know my kid isn't the only one who likes this word. Someone taught her to say it ala the kid from Meet the Parents.

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

Awesome! Every so often I swear I hear my five year old say the F word. Just under his breath, when he thinks I can't hear him. I swear.

D said...

You've got to give her credit for trying.

Very cute.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Aww. Ssss. Ome.

:)

Manda said...

OHHH, I love this. I so know what you are talking about. My daughter is 5 and likes to play school-she also likes to teach her little brother all the swear words she can think of. My 3 year old then heard me saying poker face vs bunker base (long story) and then he told his bro and sis... mommy just said F-er face... oh... how hard it is to not crack up.

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

Hahaha lmao! That's great.

I may be a horrible mother for this, but I always found it hilarious when my daughter used "bad words." She is now 8 and knows better, but when she was almost 2, she blamed her stuffed bear for drawing on the wall, and when we yelled at HER, she said "That's bullsh*t! It was BEAR!"

lol lol.

Anonymous said...

This is really funny. Iry, also 4, likes to say "oh for God's sake" all the time, like I must do, and she says "shit" fairly often when she drops things or is denied a lollipop or something. I also think it's funny and don't get too upset about it, after all, that would be pretty hypocritical, now wouldn't it?

Unknown said...

They pick stuff up fast don't they? Cute story thanks for sharing!