Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homemade Biter Biscuits

Store-bought biter biscuits are nasty. They melt into this paste that won't wash off, not even with soap and water, and they smell just... ew.

So I went online and found a few recipes for homemade biter biscuits, and I tweaked and re-tweaked till I cmae up with this.

Homemade Biter Biscuits

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oatmeal infant cereal (dry)
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
2/3 cup 100% juice

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix the first three ingredients together, then slowly add the juice - you may need more or less. Mix it up until it forms a thick ball, then press it out into a big flat pancake. Use you pizza cutter to slice it into baby sized "cookies."
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brown and well set. Let them cool completely on the sheet (they will get harder as they cool) then store them in a resealable bag.

The Babe LOVES these, and I know exactly what's in them - no weird preservatives or colors or sugars. Plus, they just kind of dissolve, rather than leaving a nasty foul-smelling paste all over everything.
(We use Juicy Juice Watermelon for the juice, but I think anything would work.)

8 comments:

Jenni said...

i hate those biter biscuits too. they are so nasty.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Oooooh! Thank you for this! I'll have to try this in a couple of months for the new one. :)

Cara said...

Definitely trying this out. Fat man is wanting to chomp on stuff like crazy & the only thing I've found that I'm semi-OK with are those rice rusks which he isn't crazy about.

Caz said...

Brilliant idea... I'm fairly sure that one of the top three ingredients in the store bought versions is concrete ;)

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

Oh my God! Thank you for this! It never even dawned on me to try to make some myself. I am so sick of cleaning up that pasty crap every day! I am definitely trying this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I hate that smear of foul smelling, turd colored residue that gets on everything. You are my hero- officially now.

Unknown said...

I have been looking ALL over for something like this! THANK YOU SO MUCH

mom2K&L said...

I just made these, but haven't given them to my little guy yet. He's only 6 months so I'm not sure how he'll do, but I read that after 6 months they can have flour. Anyway, I used apple juice since he's had apples and did fine. I also cooked my first set for 12 minutes, but they were a little hard on the bottom, the second batch I cooked for 5 mintues and the bottoms were fine. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOME RECIPE!