Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Thursday, July 23, 2009

How to Make Yo Gabba Gabba T-Shirts!

Beastie turns two on Monday. Her current obssession is Yo Gabba Gabba, so I wanted to get her some Gabba t-shirts. Do you have any idea how much Gabba stuff costs? Let me tell you - a ton. And Beastie doesn't have a favorite character, so I wanted one of each, but at twenty bucks a pop... no. Ain't gonna happen. I wouldn't spend that on even one shirt, because I know my Beastie, and she destroys clothes. A buck fifty is about as high as I'll go.
Anyway, I looked at all the characters, and I thought, 'I can make those. Easy peasy!'

So I did.

Fist, I went here and found templates for each character. I then reduced the size to 64.3% and traced the templates from my laptop screen onto regular paper. Then I took all the colors of fabric I needed and ironed on fusible web. I placed all the template pieces on the fabric, traced them, and cut them out. (Note: Trace them on the back, on the fusible web part, so it doesn't show on the t-shirt.)

Then I ironed all the pieces onto the shirts and stitched around with a satin zig zag stitch (on my machine, stitch length 0.3 and width 4.0) and voila! Yo Gabba Gabba t-shirts!

The total cost was around $20 - just $2.99 for each shirt at Hobby Lobby, and you only need 1/8 yard of fabric for each character. If you are making characters much bigger, I would play it safe and buy 1/4 yard.



No comments: