Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, August 10, 2009

Modern Art Monday, iBananas Edition







My Four is just eight days away from turning Five. She'll start kindergarten in September. I can't believe I'm old enough to have a second grader and a kindergartener. I swear these children were just born - if not yesterday, then maybe just a year or two ago.

This week's Modern Art Monday features artwork by Four. She drew this for me a week or so ago. It's not scanned backwards - she just likes to write her name like that.



I don't understand the "I bananas" at the top of the page, but it must mean something. Children's artwork always means something. Children create for the sake of creating, of course, but at this age, everything they create has a concrete meaning and purpose. It might not to us, as adults, but to the artist, it does.

The people in the middle of the page - that's me and The Hub. "Mommy always helps Daddy when he gets his appendix out," she said.

I'd love to see your submissions - just grab the code above and copy and paste it into your post, then scan a picture your children made, or upload photos of them creating modern art masterpieces! If you want, come back and put your link in the comments, so everyone can see your budding artist's beautiful work!

1 comment:

The Attached Mama said...

Love the "I Bananas" part! That is great.

Here is this week's Modern Art Monday at our house:

The Attached Mama