Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, November 9, 2009

Why I am the Greatest Mom Ever.

I will admit it - the last week has been a nightmare. I've spent most days bawling my eyes out (hormones, anyone?) and wondering what the hell I've gotten myself into. Two under two was hard - three two and under is really hard. Especially when the middle one is The Babe.

This kid is all arms and he grabs everything he can, destroying it with glee. Toilet paper? Check. Bookshelves? Check. Pet food? Check. He just goes around the house like a little tornado, ruining everything. And all I can really do is sigh and follow him around, cleaning up the dangerous stuff, giving a feeble "no" when he tries to smear peanut butter on the dog, and pray he outgrows this stage as quickly as possible.

And yet, today, I am the Greatest. Mom. Ever.

Today, I managed to take the kids outside to play. I brought them in after an hour or so, washed their hands, and got them a nutritious (!) snack. Then, I changed diapers and laid down on the bed with Monkey for a little bit while the other kids watched Spongebob, before heading to the kitchen to make dinner.

I actually made dinner.

And then, I ate dinner. With my kids. And then, I cleaned up from dinner. No yelling, no crying.

After dinner we went into the living room and watched America's Funniest Home Videos. Monkey fell asleep and I was able to put him down (up until this point he had been in the baby carrier I made and finally learned how to use.)

The Babe fell asleep on the pull-out bed with me. Then EJ fell asleep. And then Five. And finally, Beastie. They all fell asleep, and no one screamed or cried or made a nuisance of themselves.

I can't believe I did it, but I did.

I hope I can do it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Friggin epic mama! Hell I DON"T have a newborn and I am not going to manage that today lol. I did take them to their kids buildit class and didn't lose my mind too much. But making dinner? no that is outside the realm of possibility today.. fish n chips to the rescue!

Jenni said...

knowing that these days happen make every other day easier - the promise of a good day.

oscar was the same way as the babe - he was like a fucking tornado once miles arrived. he completely wrecked the joint five times a day. ugh.

Irishtwins momma said...

AWSOME JOB MOMMA!!! My lil Whooty is 20months and she has become just this week the tornado that goes around disroying everything & that I can't seem to do anything about. good days are great rays of hope. WE WILL MAKE IT THROUGH