Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, June 14, 2010

Gettin' Skinneh!

There is less of me now than there was two weeks ago. Seven pounds less, to be exact.

I'm not sure where that seven pounds went. Maybe it's in Fat Heaven. Or maybe Teh Fat Gods redistributed it to that skinny bitch who's always making passes at my husband. (If that's the case, I hope it's all in her thighs.)

Check this out. Pre-diet, I was eating 3400 to 3900 calories a day. I wasn't gaining weight but I wasn't losing it, which means I have wicked good metabolism. I'm nursing two children so I decided not to cut my calories too much - 2400 a day seems right.

A couple days I went over, and a couple days I was under, but for the most part, 2400 is easily achievable. Pair that with a 1-3 mile walk three times a week, and you've got weight loss, baby!

This weekend I fell off the wagon and ate french fries, birthday cake, full cal ice cream, and, worst of all, three plates of fried deliciousness at the Chinese buffet. I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to know if I put all the weight back on.... I would cry.

Today I was really good and ate salad wraps for lunch (plus a huge diet Coke, but shut up, I deserved it) and a most delicious portobello/red pepper/mozzarella panini. And because I did so good, I was able to enjoy a couple mini Reese's peanut butter cups. I still have 900 calories that I can use up today, and I'm thinking about maybe a tiny sliver of cake. Or actually, I should make those calories count and have a bowl of avocado pudding (which tastes like chocolate).

I also walked three miles today. I say that all nonchalant because it wasn't a big deal. Maybe tomorrow we'll do four. We would have gone further but Beastie's legs got tired. Next time I will put her in the Ergo and burn even more calories.

4 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Awesome.

Unknown said...

*gives you mommy applause* That's awesome, good job!

Marketing Mama said...

Yay! Congrats on your loss! Losing weight is so tough, especially when nursing (for me, anyways). Keep it up! :)

Gette said...

Wow! That's awesome. Great job on your weight loss. Keep it up!