Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Year in Review Meme

So, I already did a Year in review, Ninja Mom style, but since I'm not finished with the posts I had planned, I figured I'd go ahead and do this one too. Feel free to C&P and post on your blog - after all, that's what Memes are for! - but don't forget to link back. I got this from Secret Mom Thoughts.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth to a little boy.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do New Year's resolutions, because I always break them a couple hours after I make them. One year I wanted to lose weight, so I thought I would be anorexic, and it worked out really good for about three hours, and then I got hungry and ate a whole bag of Lay's potato chips. Lesson: I suck at being anorexic.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me! And my two closest friends - Amber's third child, a baby boy, is 11 days younger than The Babe, and Shawna had her second daughter in November.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just here.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Hm. An empty womb? Yeah, I'll vote for the empty womb.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 4th - The Babe's birthday. Probably the most amazing day of my life. My girls' births were wonderful, but they were your stereotypical hospital births - ass out in the open, ankles in stirrups, and four hundred people screaming "PUSH!" The Babe's birth was nothing like that, and it was incredible.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having the Babe, and figuring out how to take care of a 7 year old, 4 year old, 13 month old and a newborn. If I can do this, I can do anything at all.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I had any real big failures. I did put my foot in my mouth a few times. Okay maybe more than a few times, but it's okay, I'm used to it.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, PPD comes to mind, but I haven't told you all the story about the blood clots. It's a long, boring story, but basically, they thought I had blood clots in my lungs, and I was so lucky! I got to have a shot in the belly twice a day! It was great! After a couple weeks and a bunch of potentially harmful tests, it turned out I didn't have blood clots at all! Gotta love pumping my unborn child full of drugs and radiation for no reason at all. Stupid doctors.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Babe's carseat, because it was marked down, like, a lot.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Unh. I don't know, really. I can't think of anyone particularly stellar.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
You know what, it seems like something did happen that would totally piss me off, but I can't remember.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out that we were having a boy, and then having him!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Chicken Fried by The Zac Brown Band.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Eh. About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? Quite a bit thinner, and still losing.
c) richer or poorer? About the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Quality time with the kids.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Meh. I don't know.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Opened presents, went to my mom's. You know, the usual.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Best of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. Oh man do I love Bob Ross. I even imagined him painting when I was in labor. That's how I dealt with contractions - imagining Bob Ross painting trees and mountains.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think so. I don't really hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
Shit I don't know. Probably the Foxfire Book.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um.....

26. What did you want and get?
A laptop.

27. What did you want and not get?
Some peace and quiet!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Horton Hears a Who. This is the deepest movie I've ever seen. I mean, Horton is kind of like God, and the speck- Whoville- is kind of like us people. Also, it makes me think, you know what, we are all just tiny specks in the universe. Horton Hears a Who is a seriously deep movie.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I doubt I did anything. I mean if I did, it wasn't anything memorable. I turned 26.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have no idea.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Daniel Boone on acid.

32. What kept you sane?
Not much...

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama, for sure.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The presidential election, and my intense dislike for Sarah Palin.

35. Who did you miss?
No one really.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
The Babe. :)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
If life gives you a dilemma, make dilemma-nade. Ha!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"...you can speak your mind
But not on my time
I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life
Go ahead with your own life, and leave me alone."
-Billy Joel, "My Life"

Oh yeah, that sums it up. (It doesn't actually, I just like to pretend I'm a bad-ass who pushes people away.)

Oh... and check it out- this is blog post 101. I am going to do my hundredth post thingy on post 105, because 4 of my posts were guest posts, and they don't count as mine.

No comments: