Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Beastie speaks.

Beastie is 19 months old, and she's starting to talk in sentences, which is unbelievably cute. Her very first sentence was "I bite!" - after which she bit me right on the leg. She also likes to ask where everything is. She'll point at the dog and say "Pee," which is how she says Petey, and then ask, "Where Pee go?" I point to him, and then she laughs and asks again. And again, and again, till finally I make the dog go lay down so I don't have to play this game anymore.

Yesterday she took me by the hand and led me to the window. "Bood!" she yelled. "Bood outdide!" I looked, and sure enough, there was a bird on our front walk. "Look at that bird," I said. "Isn't he pretty?" And she peered out, saying, "Pooty bood outdide!"

She also uses words in context. If you tap her on the shoulder, she spins around and says "Heeeeyyyyy!" in the most accusatory voice. She yells for her sisters: "Gulls!" she hollers, in the same voice I use when I call the girls in from outside. And whenever she poops in her diaper, she tells me "Poopy. Gwoss!"

Its so amazing to watch language develop where once there was none. It's just awesome how they learn and grow.

No comments: