Contact: superninjamommy [at] gmail [dot] com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Remember to Breathe.

"Is it serious, Doctor?" I asked, half closing my eyes. "Will I die?"

She studied me solemnly. "I don't know," she said. "Let me check your heart."

She listened to my heart with her stethoscope. "Now your lungs," she said. "Breathe in, as deep as you can."

I'm a good patient. I breathed in. "Now breathe out," she instructed me. I dutifully exhaled.

"So what's the prognosis?" I asked.

She looked at me with those serious eyes.

"You won't die," she said, "so long as you drink water when you're thirsty and go pee when you have to. And breathe."

She patted my forehead. "Now just lay here and rest, and remember to breathe."

"Thanks, Doc," I replied.

She giggled. "You're welcome, Mom."

See, who needs a doctor when you have a five year old with a toy medical kit?

No comments: